Mike Cope - COPETOONS.COM - Canadian Cartoonist and Humorous Illustrator
About Cartoonist Mike CopeContact Cartoonist Mike CopeSample My Selected Cartooning PortfolioRead the latest news from my cartoon studio

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Gag Writing: PC and Pixel Comic Strips (Part II)

PC & Pixel by Tak Bui

As mentioned in a previous post, one of my regular cartooning gigs is working as a contributing gag writer for the daily comic strip feature, PC and Pixel by Tak Bui. This means that I help the comic's creator out by doing some of the, what I like to call, "productive daydreaming" that usually (i.e., sometimes) leads to a workable idea for the strip.

Unfortunately, this also means that I need to have writing materials readily available at all times, because I never know when an idea will present itself. For example, I can sit and think long and hard at my desk, and just type the gags as they arrive, however, there are also other places where I occasionally sit for extended periods of time. Places where the ideas seem to, umm ... "flow."

The moral is to never let a good idea (*ahem*) go to waste.

The following are some PC and Pixel comic strips that I recently contributed to. Click any cartoon to enlarge ... Enjoy!


January 31, 2007


February 03, 2007


February 04, 2007


February 19, 2007


February 20, 2007


February 23, 2007

You can read PC and Pixel daily at United Media's Comics.com.

Stay TOONed!

- Mike Cope

No comments:

Post a Comment