Mike Cope - COPETOONS.COM - Canadian Cartoonist and Humorous Illustrator
About Cartoonist Mike CopeContact Cartoonist Mike CopeSample My Selected Cartooning PortfolioRead the latest news from my cartoon studio

Monday, July 21, 2008

Comic Strip Gag Writing: Green Lawn Mowers

PC & Pixel by Tak Bui

Last summer, I thought I'd do my part and buy an eco-friendly lawn mower. It wasn't cheap, but considering it only ran on an electric battery, it did a great job at cutting the grass . . .

Unfortunately, it only lasted one season. Yup, one season!

The short end of the story is that this particular model was poorly manufactured. To make matters worse, after I bought it, the company classified it as "discontinued" (i.e., no customer support). My father had also bought one and the same thing happened to his. It's too bad because I really liked that lawn mower. While all my neighbours were outside with their gasoline chugging machines, I was smiling inside, knowing that I was doing my part to help save the environment.

But until the technology improves and can justify the even higher price tags, I've gone back to the dark side.

Since we're on the subject of environmentally-friendly mowers, here's one that I wrote about "green lawn mowers" for the daily comic strip PC and Pixel by Tak Bui. ...


July 20, 2008

You can read PC and Pixel daily at United Media's Comics.com.

Stay TOONed!

- Mike Cope

1 comment:

  1. Minimal Deposit 50ribu saja, Anda dapat menikmati berbagai jenis permainan Taruhan online yang tersedia di agen bolavita !

    Info selengkapnya silahkan hubungi :
    WA : +62812-2222-995
    BBM : BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete